Friday, November 4, 2011

Mmm seven layer dip

So I've been with my boyfriend Joe for seven years as of today! So I thought it would be fun to have a seven theme. So I got some 7up! And then I made some delicious seven layer dip.
The best part about seven layer dip is almost all of it comes out of a can or container! The only thing that didn't for me was the guacamole. And since tere was so much going on already I just mashed up alvacados and squirted some line juice in it.

So my seven layers go as follows:
1. Refried beans
2. Black beans
3. Guacamole
4. Salsa (pico de gallo)
5. Sour cream
6. Cheese (fiesta mix)
7. Sliced Olives (In the shape of a heart, of coarse)

A lot of the recipes I saw online had chives or onions as a layer but I don't like onions or chives, so i just did two different types of beans to make my seventh layer. I also saw people using lettuce as a layer but I knew the dip would last a few days in my house so I wanted ingredients that wouldn't get yucky.

I didn't have a truffle dish so I just put it in a Pyrex bowl and it worked out fine. I got Tostidos scoops just so we could get some of every layer on each chip.

I just layered everything right out of the containers. I microwaved the two different types of beans but other than that is just draining and stacking! I had one container of each and it still made a ton of dip. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment