Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Re-do

So you guys may remember this Pinterest Fail post. And for those of you who don't, I saw this tutorial for a simple round zipper case for headphones. I figured I could handle it. I was wrong, very wrong. Well anyway I didn't let that get me down with so much cute fabric staring me in the face! And since my Mom got me pinking sheers I knew I wouldn't have to overlock stitch so I gave it another shot. This time I made sure to watch my my seam allowances and go slowly to make sure I was following the edges closely. Well I am proud to say that my second attempt is not perfect, but it is so much better than my first, and I love it! I was using my first failed one anyway since even thought I failed, my headphones still needed protection from the monsters at the bottom of my purse. Every single time I took them out use them a black cloud of sadness come out with them. But I am happy to say that now I love showing off my new and much improve second attempt. Now maybe I can make some for a few friends! The outside is pink leopard flannel, and the inside is soft pink minky. I used a white 7in zipper because thats what I had on hand.
Here you can see my first attempt (the not round green one) with my much better second attempt

2 comments:

  1. I just made a couple of these too. They are so cute! I had to laugh... I saw your leopard one and thought... how perfect!! And then the green one had me laughing so hard... oh my!! What happened there?!! That's so funny. You must have been having a really bad day because your second attempt is perfect!! Glad you tried again!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I tried again too! I am so in love with this silly little thing! and there are definatly more in my future! thanks for looking!

      Delete