Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pinterest re-do

Okay so I saw this adorable turkey onesie on pinterest. And as soon as I saw it I knew how I was gong to recreate it. The one I have pinned is painted on, but I envisioned mine in felt. So i found an all brown onesie at hobby lobby, I already had some felt from my Russell from up costume. I googled a feather outline and found one I liked. I cut out four felt "feathers", big white circles for eyes, little black circles for pupils, an orange beak, and I just kind of winged a red snood thing that hangs by the beak.

I sewed the back first in a fan pattern, I thought about doing 5 feathers but I didn't have a great fifth color so four worked fine in the end. Then I sewed the face on the front, making sure that some of the beak was in front of the snood. And to make it a little bit girly a sewed on a cute little pink bow. Because there were so many colors I sewed with invisible thread.

I am totally in love with how it turned out! It is on its way via USPS to the beautiful baby girl who it now belongs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment