Monday, April 8, 2013

Polka Dot Pizza

My fiance and I love pizza! We're both born and raised in New York, so essentially "Life without pizza, is no life at all!" We actually met while we were both working at a pizza place, in high school, so pizza has always been a part of our relationship. However, now that we live in Maryland, we've realized that good pizza down here is hard to come by. This triggered us to started making out own. Its not only cheaper, but it also gives us the freedom to experiment.

My favorite to make at home has both fresh mozzarella and fresh tomatoes, but I hate having to deal with the cooked tomato skins when I'm biting into a slice, so I came up with Polka Dot Pizza!



You'll need:
Cookie sheet
Cooking spray
Pizza dough (regular or whole wheat)
Olive oil
Crushed garlic
Grape tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella
Spices
Fresh basil

Instructions:
Its very simple, start by rolling out your dough. I used Giant brand whole wheat dough, but you can use whatever kind you like. Lay the dough in a greased cookie sheet, then rub a little olive oil, and crush garlic into it.

Then take grape or cherry tomatoes, and slice them in half. Then put them onto the oiled dough, flat side down.

Slice fresh mozz and place the slices ontop of the tomatoes. I shook some dried Italian seasoning, and some crushed red pepper, before baking for 10 - 15 minutes.

Chop up basil, and when the pizza comes out, sprinkle onto.



Finally, cut up, and enjoy! I love that you can get a half a tomato in each bite, so no fighting with tomato skin! Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment